The mud patch has been a hive of activity, with lots of excavation involving shovels, big trucks and buckets on pulleys and the odd bit of mud surfing.
One thing we haven't seen much of is cooking, so we decided to create a permanent mud kitchen right next to our mud patch:
A play stove:
Pots, pans, muffin tins, and big sturdy spoons:
Milk crates hooked to the gazebo to store cooking props so they are always on hand:
I'm just longing for a lot of wooden stumps....anybody?
You might also enjoy:
- 7 tips for mud play at preschool
- A Mud Pie Kitchen for our Mud Patch Part 2
- Making Mud Pies
- Thrifting for the Mud Kitchen @ Tinkerlab
- Mud Pie Kitchen Renovation @ Child Central Station
- Mud Pie Kitchens Revisted
Over to you: Do you have an outdoor play kitchen that you would like to share?