This got me thinking about what success in blogging means to me.
My Little Blogging Victories
I'm a mere babe in the woods when it comes to blogging, but already I've celebrated my own little victories that may or may not have resulted in a "woohoo" while sitting at the computer:
- pressing 'publish post' for the first time
- getting my first comments (thank you Deborah from Teach Preschool and Tom from Teacher Tom)
- figuring out what an RSS feed was (you may well laugh, but this was BIG)
- finding a fabulous blog from fellow Australians (Irresistible Ideas for Play Based Learning)
- being linked to by another blogger for the first time (this still thrills me!)
- using an idea I found on a blog at my preschool for the first time
- being told by another blogger that they had used one of my ideas
- being asked to guest post for the first time (thrilled to bits when asked by The Grass Stain Guru)
My mission when I started blogging was to celebrate children's play and to be inspired by others who do the same.
All of my little blogging victories have led to connections with fabulous people who are also passionate about play who have inspired and motivated me with their own experiences, ideas and resources. If I measure my blogging success against my original mission I would have to say: victory achieved and mission accomplished!
What are some of your little blogging victories?